Boomerang testsuite

Last weekend I made my first code contribution to the Boomerang project: I fixed some tests from the testsuite that were segfaulting or failing due to changes in the debug output. After sending the patch to the mailing list, I was given write access to their CVS repository so I can now commit my fixes myself🙂.

My plans for now are to:

  1. do test coverage analysis on the current code using gcov/lcov
  2. if coverage is not acceptable, add more tests to the testsuite
  3. when coverage become acceptable (I still need to define the acceptance criterion), I can then starting making improvements or more complex changes to the code

Of course, before doing any big changes that would affect current functionality, I will submit a patch to the list, so other developers can comment on it. That’s the “Open Source way” of development IMHO.

About lizardo

My hobby: figure out how systems are expected to work; induce them to work unexpectedly; and responsibly disclose.
This entry was posted in Reverse Engineering. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s